Dear Dr. Donald Jacobson,
Based on our researched findings of philosophers on Earth, you and a few selectedothers fit the needed criteria of those we are looking to have work in Jetsonia.You may be thinking “what is Jetsonia?”
Jetsonia is a digital utopian society that thrives solely off technology so that all mankind can intellectually advance. Currently, we are developing a new district section of Jetsonia called Quagmiro, and we would like to invite you to become part of our new political council. Our environment is the perfect setting for assembling a diverse talented team of philosophers because like your business, we are serious about unifying people and not tolerating any forms of discrimination whether it be by gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
We are always looking to expand our ideology by looking for greater goals and expectations for our citizens. We try and focus on the present, but more importantly the future so that previous mistakes made in the past don’t reoccur. By now, you are probably asking yourself “how does this work?”
Jetsonian law requires that citizens abide by the laws stated within our rules and regulations of technology. By embracing technology and following these set of given laws, citizens will never fall into the evils that have succumbed to past civilizations.With most texts removed from schools, we want children to learn to cherish their personal computer, and the Internet, but study only what relates to keeping our society as a utopia.
With you on the board, you will be one of many moderators who will watch over the Internet to make sure that there are no forms of possible corruption in communication online. For example, you must make sure that all Jetsonians pay for Technology Care (a program set up similar to U.S. Health Care), you must track Internet users to see if they are identifiable, make sure that items are being legally exchanged (whether bought or traded), check to see that all content is safe for a age group to visit (otherwise, change you the settings), and prevent viruses from attacking our information systems. By joining the Quagmiro council, your group will consist of the few who understand Earthly histories. All Earthlings who decide to make the transition over to Jetsonia must be tested on in order to take up an entirely new career or something somewhat close to what they had before. We have also adapted to using erasing modulator devices that removes any sort of negative memories from your brain, but also anything that relates to historical moments that have happened on Earth or any laws governed by a country (in any continent).
You and new philosophical colleagues will be able to keep all your education so that your experience on Earth will prevent others from ever becoming any sort of threat to our utopia. The reason why we go about this treatment is so that criminal acts such as violence are so unheard of that people don’t even understand the word. Jetsonians appear to be so impaired that in order to fully conceive its meaning, they must be learning it on a digital computer screen. This word, along with rape, assault, or murder are words that have higher censoring means than of curse words in several Earth languages.
If you wish to reject our invitation, we are also giving your selected group an option to become an ordinary citizen of Jetsonia. If you were to choose this, you will have a 30-day period to decide (again) whether to reconsider being part of the council or you will have to have a erasing modulator tested on your brain. You have of course the option to not consider either, but you should first realize how much better Jetsonian lifestyle is. Everyday you will be working side by side with robots, have faster transportation (In and outside the office), provide your employees with equipment that will help their handicapped disabilities (that is, if they are blind or deaf) and receive vital information in real-time lighting speeds.
You are looking at a chance of a lifetime to explore a unique life in another galaxy and learn about how one can operate a most desirable lifestyle. A place where one should not have to worry about how much money they are making, when all essentials needed to live are free except for Technology Care. Please take your time with your unanimous decision.
Cordially,
Adam Moody (Logician)
1 comments:
Dear Mr. Moody,
I appreciate the invitation to join your society. As a communicative computer systems analyst employer, I believe that computer technology can help advance our society in many ways and we have proven so in the past. The goals of your society seem ideal to the ideas and beliefs that I hold as an individual. My company is devoted to the union of citizens through technological means and the advancement of technology to facilitate ideas and information. I believe that Jetsonia is moving in the right direction in order to do so.
Your digital laws seem able to restrict unlawful and unnecessary conduct and to protect my rights as a citizen in Jetsonia. I would like to know more about these restrictions. Will I have privacy in my technological access? Or do you, as a society, want to include everyone in your society in all aspects? I think that this can be a problem in some situations. As an employer I do my best to offer my employees with certain advantages and access to most areas of the business. However, sometimes they cannot or should not be privy to certain information. I have found it a problem in my current society that sometimes individuals are given too much control and the ability to abuse such access to material.
With respect to digital access, I believe that the political council you stated will be a helpful addition to your society. I agree with your statements and I believe that there must be certain steps taken in order to prevent others from hacking or spamming like we have in my current society.
Your educational plan also seems in place for the formation of your utopian society. I think that this digital literacy is very important, especially to younger generations in order to form a framework of what they are to expect in the future. I think that teaching the students to “value their personal computer and internet” is vital. Too often do youths take for granted the technology they are accessible to and also the information within these technological realms.
My main concern is your focus solely on Jetsonia. While you stated that you are attempting to learn from the mistakes of other societies by taking steps to eliminate harmful aspects through your memory erase and agenda, I think that it is important to maintain a certain level of communication with these societies. I feel that by mind-erasing and completely phasing out the negative, you would not be fixing the problem but ignoring it. My company works through many other smaller and bigger companies who collaborate to provide the best level of service and technology that we can. This being said, it takes the minds of many to contribute to something so big and I believe that although others may not maintain the level of excellence that Jetsonia is striving to achieve, they still play an important part of your society as a whole. After all, without these mistakes we would not know that problems existed or how they could be solved.
I believe that Jetsonia will become something very important and strive for necessary change. I am very interested in becoming a citizen of Jetsonia and would like to discuss further my concerns with you before making my decision final. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Sincerely,
Dr. Donald Jacobsen
Post a Comment